Hydraulic take-off and return points

There are three pressure oil delivery points on the lift cover and anyone of these can be used to operate an auxiliary cylinder. This is how the MF operator's Instruction Book shows them:

However, without a diverter valve you'd have to rely on the operational lever on the quadrant to control the cylinder, and the same hose would be used to send hydraulic fluid back to the sump or you can route a return line to the large filler plug on the left side of the gear shift levers. This would require the filler plug to be drilled and threaded, and you'd have to put up with having the return hose under your feet all the time. Here's how Craig in Ontario installed his return line:

To be able to control both directions of the cylinder it's far better to acquire a diverter valve like the TISCO TS-300 which, as far as I know, is a fairly standard valve used on many brands of tractor, so I would think most ag equipment dealers would have access to one. Here's the installation instructions for the TISCO valve.

Sparex also has a diverter valve similar to the TISCO valve. It is shown as #14 on page 5 of their catalogue, and it replaces the existing transfer plate MF part 180 908 M1 just as the TISCO one does.

Now, before I fully recommend the TISCO valve, I need to mention that a fellow FE35 owner in Ontario bought one and ran into a couple of smaller problems.

Here is what he wrote:
"When I looked at the underside of the Tisco valve and compared the hole bored in it for the supply tube versus that in the original cover, it did note that the hole in the original cover had a tapered rim to facilitate the entry of the supply tube with o-ring on it. The new valve was simply a straight bore, and when I used a micrometer on the bore it was .002 smaller that the original cover. I took it to my favourite local machine ship and had them increase the bore to match the original and put a taper on the rim just where one starts to put in the supply tube. Now the new valve matches the old cover perfectly."

Here's a quick snapshot of my old transfer plate showing the opening with the slightly relieved edge to accommodate the O-ring where the pressure stand pipe fits up into, and the smaller hole below (with a smaller O-ring) which is the return orifice.